In place of the wooden tower (“Arpád Turm”), which the municipality of Güns erected on the Geschriebenstein in 1891, in 1913 the municipality of Rechnitz built the stone watch tower, which still exists today, right on the border. The idea came from tax collector and notary Ladislaus Gullner and it was constructed by Josef Varga, from Rechnitz.
Once the Iron Curtain fell, day trippers again visited the lookout tower as they had before and in summer 2001 a sundial was restored to the front of the tower.
Naturpark Geschriebenstein - Írottkő
Phone: +43 3363 791 43
One moment please, data loading ...