Cross-border rides



Since relaxation of the Schengen Borders Code it is possible to cross the national border without delays. Riders should carry a passport or personal identity card with them.

Regulations for horses as tourist traffic:

  • From 1 July 2000, every horse that leaves its stall, paddock or farm and is brought to another place, regardless of whether it is ridden, driven or transported (including within Austria), must posses an equine (equidae) passport.
  • According to EU Regulation 504/2008, from 1 July 2008 all equidae for which an equine passport has been issued must be micro-chipped. You can download the form for micro-chipping here - Download.

Under normal circumstances blood tests will no longer be required, which will save horse owners much time and great expense.




One moment please, data loading ...

Nach oben