The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Ladislaus in Parndorf was built as a foundation of the Count Harrach family according to the plans of Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt in 1716-18, incorporating a Romanesque predecessor building, and is one of the most important Baroque church buildings in Burgenland. After several years of preparation and restoration work, the overpainted mural painting by the Baroque painter Johann Gfall from 1768/1769 was exposed inside the church from 2008 to 2013. The chancel is adorned with one of the most artistically valuable paintings of the late baroque period, which astonishes all viewers and inspires them with its subtlety. The extraordinary skill of the artist is particularly evident in his gift for designing illusionistic architecture and furnishings in such a way that it is not apparent to the observer whether it is painting or sculptured stucco, for example. He is able to create the perfect illusion through his painting.