Tabor Castle is located in the middle of the rolling hills of the trilateral nature park Raab-Örség-Goricko, in the border triangle of Austria-Hungary-Slovenia and is one of the oldest buildings in the district of Jennersdorf.
The building type goes back to Hussite fortifications in the Czech town of Tábor. The first mention of the later Tabor Castle dates back to 1469. In the course of his feud against Emperor Frederick III, the noble mercenary leader Ulrich Pesnitzer had a temporary fortification built, but it did not last long.
After being taken over by the Raab Nature Park, the castle was turned into an opera venue under the management of jOPERA Jennersdorf and is now used for cultural events.