St. Emmerich's Church, consecrated in 1903, was the parish church of Inzenhof, Tschanigraben and some Hungarian parishes until the Second World War. During the time of the Iron Curtain it stood in no man's land between Austria and Hungary. The communists let the church fall into disrepair and it was inaccessible from Austria.
The church of St. Emmerich, near Güssing, offers ideal conditions for the meeting of people from both sides of the still existing border. It is located exactly on the Austrian-Hungarian border strip, in a clearing in the middle of a vast forest, and is the only place on the border where people can meet without border formalities to attend church or a concert - a place with high symbolic value.